An effective executive team is essential for any successful organisation. Sometimes, however, during a transition or a new appointment, it becomes necessary to offer a fresh perspective on an individual’s emotions and behaviour at work. We work with senior managers and above to address the issues that limit their effectiveness and impact that of their functions or business units.
We take a holistic view of the individual to ensure a successful coaching engagement including:
1. An individual’s background, assumptions and mental models that frame their view of the world;
2. The nature of the relationship that should exist between the parties, and the willingness of the individual to trust their coach’s contribution to their success;
3. The individual’s learning style to frame the coaching content and the most effective method to communicate and learn;
4. Other organisational influences on behaviour that control success or failure;
5. Relevant cultural factors that influence the transparency and openness of each party;
6. Feedback systems, internally and externally, that will support or hinder the new “coached” behaviours.
Coaching offers a number of benefits to all parties including:
- Accelerated transition and integration into a new environment;
- Opportunities to think through specific issues and gain perspective;
- Better awareness of the needs of others and the confidence to work effectively with them;
- Identification of blind spots and unhelpful assumptions;
- Frank and candid dialogue through which to assess what is personally and organisationally important;
- Improved specific skills in communication, conflict management, team development, influence and delegation, among others.
All of these will translate into greater productivity and effectiveness where the coach is able to bring out the best in the coachee.
We employ a range of techniques and methods to assist individuals and groups to:
- Better manage conflict both within and across organisational boundaries;
- Improve the effectiveness of their emotions and behaviour at work;
- Build trust and trustworthiness as platform for organisational success;
- Better understand the practical differences that emerge within organisations and how dialogue, mental maps and systems thinking can improve outcomes for everyone.